Instruction for Paper Submission
Paper Submission Preparation
All papers submitted to ASCC 2019, whether for review or publication upon acceptance, must be written in English and formatted in the standard 2-column format for IEEE Control Systems Society conferences. Both, the Initial submissions and Final submissions must use the A4 paper format only.
- Follow this link for detailed instructions on how to prepare a compliant pdf file for submission to ASCC 2019. You will find LaTeX style files (the recommended option), MS Word templates and information about the correct settings to convert your LaTeX or MS Word file to compliant pdf there.
- Please use the online pdf compliance test with ASCC 2019 selected as the conference before trying to upload your paper.
- Papers must be submitted through the PaperCept Conference Management System (scroll down the page for the ASCC 2019 submission link).
- Authors of accepted papers are expected to attend the conference and present their work.
For details on how to upload your submission, please go to the Paper Submission section below.
Final Paper Upload
- Submission of final papers must be completed via the PaperCept website at https://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl by/before 28 March 2019. Note that any paper for which the final version is not uploaded by the due date will be considered as withdrawn.
- The Copyright Transfer Form should also be submitted during the final paper submission process. This conference has been cosponsored by The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) who holds the copyright for the ASCC2019 this time. Please fill in the necessary items and upload the signed form in PDF format.
- The final paper submission process also requires that you update the Abstract and make any final changes to the author list and title of the paper before uploading the paper. This information will be used as is for the Final Program, so please be certain to check your entries carefully. Any authors not updated on the submission site will not be included in the final program of the conference.
- Submissions consisting of up to six pages are accepted. This page limit is hard limit. Longer submissions will not be accepted. There is no provision for page excess fee payment.
- A number of papers will be presented as interactive (poster) presentations and only a set of papers selected by the Program Committee will be presented as oral presentations. To confirm the type of your presentation, please check the conference website later when the Technical Program is finalized.
- Electronic submission for final papers and abstracts is scheduled to open on 18 February 2019.
- Registration fee must be paid first to enable the upload of your paper.
- A Full Registration Fee allows the upload of two papers. One more accepted paper can be uploaded with an additional fee of 25,000 JPY.
- A Student Registration Fee allows the upload of one paper. No additional paper is allowed for students.
- Detailed instructions regarding registration process is available on "Registration."
Each submitted paper must represent original work that neither has appeared or has been accepted to appear elsewhere for publication, nor is simultaneously under review for another publication, in its current form. If the submitted paper contains any of the (co)authors' previously published work(s) as a basis for the submission, the previous work(s) must be cited and indication must be given as to how the new submission offers substantive novel contributions beyond those of the previously published work(s).
In accordance with the IEEE Policy, all submissions will be tested for similarity and overlap with prior published material using the iThenticate tool. Results of such overlap will be made available to the Program Committee for evaluation. In case of possible violations of the IEEE ethics rules in publishing, the case will be handled in accordance with the IEEE CSS guidelines and may be reported to the IEEE Control Systems Society Committee for Ethics in Publishing. The IEEE CSS guidelines for handling complaints on plagiarism are available here.
The following awards will be presented at the Conference:
- Shimemura Young Author Prize
Shimemura Young Author Prize consists of a certificate and a monetary award of 50,000 JPY. The contributions with the first author under age 35 are eligible. The criteria are high technical quality and good presentation of the papers. The winners will be decided by a selection committee and awarded at the closing ceremony.
If you are interested in applying this award, please nominate your paper via this site by April 4, 2019.
- Best Paper Award
Best Paper Award consists of a certificate and a monetary award of 50,000 JPY. The criteria are high technical quality and good presentation of the papers. It is not necessary to nominate your paper. The winners will be decided by a selection committee and awarded at the closing ceremony.
- Best Application Paper Award
Best Application Paper Award consists of a certificate and a monetary award of 50,000 JPY. The criteria are high technical quality and good presentation of the papers. It is not necessary to nominate your paper. The winners will be decided by a selection committee and awarded at the closing ceremony.
- Best Poster Award
Best Poster Award consists of a certificate and a monetary award of 50,000 JPY.
It is not necessary to nominate your paper. This award will be selected from chairs of poster session during the poster sessions and awarded at the closing ceremony.